publishing Club News
Club Holiday Party
It's Our Holiday
Author of the Month:
Wednesday, DECember 18th
2:00 - 4:00 PM
PAC, Dining Room One
Let's take this time to get to know each other!
We've grown together over the last couple of years, and we're the best little club in Laguna Woods, so let's get to know each other. We'll spend time networking, telling each other stories, and having fun. Plus a few other things:
- Elections for all positions and networking.
- How about we pair up to publish?.
Check Out the Old Pros Podcast!
- Memories of a Movie Star - Lewis Marcus interviews Brett Halsey
- Anecdotes from a Former Journalist - Jill Amadio
- Humorous Life Tales - Dennis Glauber
- Fiction from the Future - Jon Perkins & Jerry Schur; read by Tom Nash & Bob Baumann
- Bittersweet Stories from Childhood - Rita Rabinowitz read by Lee MacMorris
Village Stories Anthologies
Village Stories 2019
- The fifth annual anthology of Village Stories, for 2019, written and edited by members of the Publishing Club of Laguna Woods, proves that the art of storytelling still goes on and on. There are many authors and poets that have created various works in a kaleidoscope of fact, fiction, poetry, and memoirs.
November Monthly Meeting
See Past Club Meetings
Watch the 2019 Storytelling event!
Watch our Storytellers in Their Element
On September 17, 2019, The Publishing Club held their annual "Storytelling in September" event in Dining Room 1 of the Laguna Woods Performing Arts Center. While nine different storytellers kept them rapt and enchanted, the audience enjoyed a delicious meal.
Watch this video of our Storytelling event from September!
The Publishing Club of Laguna Woods Village
The Publishing Club of Laguna Woods Village includes established and first-time authors, award-winning writers, poets, and storytellers, all of whom share a common interest in understanding the world of publishing. Among us are authors of memoirs, biographies, humor, poetry, mystery novels, children's books, sci-fi, and more. Some authors use traditional publishing methods; some self-publish their work; and others want a few copies for family and friends. We believe that, even if we may not have a book in us, all of us has at least one story to tell, and we want to help each other tell it - and to then tell more. To join the Publishing Club, download our membership form below.*
*Membership is open to residents of Laguna Woods Village only